It was P’s birthday last week, and even though I knew what to get him for ages already, I really struggled deciding what cake to bake him.
P. is more a savoury kinda guy (except for Ccramel, he could have that on EVERYTHING), but I really believe there should be cake on every birthday. So after a long think through, I went for one of his all time favourites: NY style cheesecake and decided to top it up with a salted caramel frosted sauce.
Since we both eat mainly vegan, I created a raw vegan, sugar free recipe for this, and I have to admit, it did work out really well!
.. .. .
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (soaked)
- 1 cup almonds (soaked)
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- bit of agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 6 Tbs. coconut oi(gently warmed)
- a couple of Tbs. of lime juice
- bit raw agave nectar
- vanilla seeds
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk,
- 2 Tbs. raw agave nectar
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
1. Place the nuts and dates in separate bowls and let soak for a couple of hours.
2. Pulse macadamia nuts, almonds, agave nectar and dates in a food processor or blender to a sticky crumb-like consistency. and press the mixture into a cake shape.
3. Mix cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, agave nectar, vanilla and 6 Tbs. water in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze for around 3 hours (or until firm). Remove from freezer, blend all the caramel sauce ingredients and spread over the chilled cake. Done! The cake stays good for almost a week, when kept in the fridge!
Posted in Food, Inspiration, Photography, Uncategorized
Tagged agave syrup, almonds, Birthday, Cake, cheese cake, clean eating, coconut oil, dates, gluten free, healthy, Himalayan sea salt, lemon juice, raw, Recipe, salted caramel, soaked cashews, sugar free, vegan
It’s almost time for THE STYLIST RAIL!
Come and check out the Stylist Rail event in Dalston (London) on Saturday October 5th, where me and Linda A. will sell a great selection of clothes, shoes and accessories!
COS – TOPSHOP – CARHART – NUDIE – CHEAP MONDAY – LIPSY- H&M Pink Label – VINTAGE – ZARA – ASOS – and more..
Just preparing the price tags now,
Hope to see you all there tomorow! More info here: facebook.com/TheStylistsRail
I’m on Instagram now as well. Follow me for some party/fashion/food/pineapple lovin’.
Posted in Design, Events, Fashion, Food, Inspiration, Interior, Photography, Travel, Uncategorized
Tagged art, beach, Cos, events, Fashion, graphic Design, healthy food, instagram, kooples, laura_le, London, pineapple, raw, recipes, Snakeskin Jacket, vegan, Zara
I know, I have been a lazy blogger lately.
But I can honestly say I was incredibly busy. London is seeing tis first sunshine of the year and that doesn’t happen unnoticed. Last weeks I have been overwhelmed by picnics, pub crawls, bike trips, sample sales, morning runs to check out the sun rise. mid-season sales, launch parties, visits from Belgium, winning VIP tables at clubs, checking sunsets from the hills, and much more. And this all while still recovering from my amazing Cambodia trip AND working full-time.
So I hope you can all forgive me for being so lazy/busy lately. But… the sun has brought my energy levels up , so don’t worry, I’m ready to start again!
See you very soon,
I was very honored when I found out that I got nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by fellow, based in Minneapolis, blogger Megan Gergen Ebert from Style Meganzine. Megan has a very inspiring blog about fashion and lifestyle that I check regularly to feed my creative hunger. Thanks Megan!
The Liebster Awards are a great way to showcase good fellow blogs with less than 200 followers and I am very honored to have received one.
Thanks again Megan!
This is how it works:
- Thank your Liebster blog award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy/paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs (under 200 followers).
- Let let know they have been chosen by leaving them a comment on their blog.
These are my 5 Liebster Blog Award recipients:
- Portillon: Beautiful, Sweden based photographic blog
- Refreshbug: Perfect for my daily dose of inspiration from DIY projects to fashion finds.
- Fetesvosyeux: Laura is a fellow Belgian blogger with a good, honest Belgian sense of style, just how I like it.
- YourLifestyleGuide: One of my favorite lifestyle blog is this one by the Dutch Jolien, very relaxing to flick through and get some nice travel tips from different cities.
- Uberfett :Uberfett is the online fashion diary from Sam, a Dutch girl living in Denmark with a beautiful, clean and powerful style
Had such a busy week here; full-time working & lots of events in the evenings & packing for holiday & so much more.
Today is my boyfriends birthday. As we are setting off for our ski holiday today (more here) , we’ve already celebrated with an amazing b-day diner Wednesday at Bistrotheque (more about this later). Even tho I still had to work half a day, we had some good old fashioned cake for breakfast and a quick Swedish meatball lunch before we set off to Belgium.
Just arrived home now, amazing to see the fam again and be in my good old bedroom.
Still, I can’t stop thinking about the Terry Richardson party in London we could be now, with our Canadian friend Yaz. Terry Richardson is one of my favorite photographers/personalities ever, and when Yaz told us he would throw a party at Le Baron in London tonight and could get us in, I was sooooo gutted that I couldn’t make it.
But hey, good times are waiting here too, going to get some sleep here now (dreaming about the Terry R. party). We will set off tomorrow morning at 5 (!) on a 10 hours road trip to Austria for a week full of sun, snow, food and drinks.
Leaving you with some inspiring photos by Terry Richardson and one of my favorite music videos of the moment, the new M.I.A song, which already brings me in the mood to go full speed on my skies, wind in my hair, sun on my face, and eyes on the mountain views…
Some Terry inspiration:
Some music motivation:
Enjoy your weekend/fashion week/whatever your plans are
Posted in Fashion, Photography, Uncategorized
Tagged bad girls, Die young, le baron London, Lindsay lohn, Live fast, M.I.A., Olson Twins, Ski holiday, Terry Richardson
I wish! I’m so gutted I’m not in London during Fashion Week this year. Luckily there are some pre-FW events popping up all over London already, so I’m trying to, besides working full-time this week (+ packing for my holiday) see as much as possible of them, but that off course doesn’t make up missing the actual LFW.
On the other hand, I would never want to miss my yearly ski trip to Austria with my family. Very excited to see my mum, sister and everybody else again!
Sun, snow, greasy food and kitschy interiors, here I come.
Here are some analogue photos I took previous years, to get you (and especially me) in the mood!
(To see more of my analogue photos, click here)
Enjoy LFW for the people who are going, for me, it is “farewell fashion and sushi” and “hello lederhosen and schnitzels”!
Last week, when I was cleaning out my closet looking for old treasures (also see this post), I rediscovered my dusty pink Simone Hooper dress I bought last summer.
So, as it is incredibly sunny in London, I decided to layer this summer dress up a bit with my Vintage Armani shirt (also seen here) , and actually wear it as a “winter piece” to go out, have some lunch, do some shopping, wander around Selfridges (amazing around Valentines time , think: free chocolate fountain taster etc).
Wearing Simone Hooper dress, Giorgio Armani vintage shirt, Only leather Jacket, Topshop Boots, Primark leather gloves, Rayban Sunglasses
Met Paul for lunch, he looked pretty smart in his all Kooples outfitt
Oh how much I love the sunny streets of London
Hope you’re also enjoying a Sunny weekend!